Friday, August 11, 2006

Pinish

So in less than 6 hrs, my sojourn in The Great White North (ie. Canada) will end. The bank accounts have been closed, the bags have been packed, accomodation arrangements have been made, and of course, the farewell parties have ensued.



Well, not really. Due to my pseudo-hectice schedule, and of course with other people working and what not, I was only able to gather people for one drinking session, which wasn't bad. In comparison to previous outings, I didn't end up comatose, forgetting the previous nights happenings, I didn't end up totally broke, I didn't end up vomitting on the sidewalk, so I could say it was a success of sorts. Oh yeah, that and people generally hate me, so yeah.

As in previous posts, omens for my flight have not been good, especially with the terrorist issue right now. But hey, whatever. Gaya ng sabi ni Philip Salvador - "Pag oras mo, oras mo na" (cue rapid gunshots, cut screen to black with title in bold red letters). Seriously, going through the airports with all its massive delays and shit is going to suck.

Here we go, giving up a life of decadence, to be plunged back into a corrupt society where even the most intelligent of people have trouble finding success, away from the comforts of having a cable internet connection, to once again having to go through the process of entering numbers from a plastic card in order to have the oppurtunity to access 56k internet from within my house. (I dont even think my PC has a modem) I could go on, but there would pretty much be no point. I made my choice to go back, and I will reap its rewards, (and consequences). (naks ang drama!)

It is 12:22 am, my flight leaves at 7am. We are supposed to be at the airport at around 330/4am, to allow for the delays that the extra security measures will bring. If I was to sleep, I would have to wake up in 2 hrs. I am so not ready. I haven't even printed out the shit I need for Japan, like directions and crap.

For some of you that read this, I'll see you on the otherside of the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home